This statement was last updated on Sunday 15th March 2020.
Lucan Spa Hotel and Colgan Group Hotels would like to provide the following update in relation to the recent outbreak of the Covid-19 virus. This update includes information of the additional measures undertaken as part of a coordinated response.
Firstly, we would like to highlight the hotel is operational and open for business. The hotel is in constant contact with our HSE representatives and is actively taking advice from IBEC, the Irish Hotel’s Federation, the HSE, the LVA and the government as a whole.
The safety of our guests, suppliers and staff is our number one concern and we have taken the following steps to reassure and safeguard the health, safety and well-being of all personnel visiting the hotel. Therefore, we have made the following necessary steps:
- Prioritised the focus of COVID19 with the establishment of a dedicated committee at management level.
- The installation of fixed sanitiser units and the provision of sanitiser for all guests is made readily available at all points throughout the hotel.
- Additional tissue and blue paper towels will be made readily available to all guests.
- Posters and recommended information are on display throughout all areas of the hotel. There are also more detailed guest information sheets available to hand out at the main hotel reception.
- High traffic areas and dining tables will be sanitised on a regular basis. This process takes 5 minutes and there will be signs indicating sanitisation is in operation. It is important to avoid using areas during sanitisation.
- The hotel has undergone additional training on hygiene practices with all staff and management.
- Ongoing communications with all staff about symptoms and procedures.
- Encouraging contactless card payments instead of the handling of cash.
- Adopted the recommended social distancing practice to ensure all guests and staff keep the recommended 2 metre space between individuals. Hand shaking and close contact should be avoided in all cases.
- The hotel has adopted a full procedure for sanitising all bedrooms after guest departure. As a result, you will witness staff use protective gloves and sanitise all areas of hand contact, including door handles etc.
- To ensure the highest standards of hygiene, we have removed the guest directory, notepads, pens and any non-essential material from all accommodation. These items are still available on request at the hotel reception (dial 0 on your bedroom telephone).
- Higher temperature washes will be implemented for all linen and towel laundry.
- Key cards are cleaned and sanitised after every use.
- All menus in dining areas will be disposable where possible.
- In accordance with the social distancing practice mentioned above, seating areas and tables will be more spaced out. Guests are recommended to space themselves out more where such seating is fixed.
The effectiveness of the above policies will only be maximised with full cooperation from all guests and visitors of the hotel. Therefore, we recommend you play your part by:
- Keeping your hands washed is the best advice given to prevent the spread of the virus.
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth, nose or face with your hands.
- Please do not come to the hotel if you are unwell with any symptoms of a cold, cough or flu, or if you have been in close proximity to someone who is potentially unwell.
- If you feel unwell during your stay at Lucan Spa Hotel, or develop symptoms of Covid-19 including a cough, shortness of breath, breathing difficulties and/or a high temperature fever, please report this to a member of staff immediately.
- Follow the advice and recommendations of all staff during your stay at the hotel, particularly in relation to social distancing policies and washing/sanitation procedures.
- Follow all advice already handed down by official bodies such as the HSE and the Irish government.
Given the seriousness of the situation we face, failure to adhere to recommendations above and the advice of staff and management will result in you being asked to vacate the premises immediately.
If you have a reservation booking with Lucan Spa Hotel for accommodation, dining or an event and you wish to cancel, please see our specific FAQ on this topic here.
We look forward to hosting you during your stay at Lucan Spa Hotel. We are committed to the highest level of safety around Covid-19. Should you have any questions in relation to the above or our policies, please contact our hotel desk on 01 628 0494 or email email@example.com.